Embracing the Creative Wandering: A Journey Through Artistic Exploration
From taking spontaneous walks to intentionally setting aside time for daydreaming, embrace the unpredictable nature of the creative process. By doing so, artists can tap into a wellspring of inspiration that lies just beyond the borders of the familiar. My wife gave me a box of cards for the holidays in 2022. I was puzzled because they were creativity cards and I thought, what the heck is this, I don’t need them. Well, folks, I was wrong and I will attempt to do a card a week and record an episode about how I am utilizing the card I draw every week if you decide to pick up a deck and do these let me know.
Links on Wander
- Kickstart Creativity
- Bricolage: In the arts, bricolage (French for “DIY” or “do-it-yourself projects”) is the construction or creation of a work from a diverse range of things that happen to be available, or a work constructed using mixed media.
Points to Consider
- Unlocking Creativity Through Wandering Discover how wandering can unlock your artistic potential. Creative breakthroughs: The surprising link to aimless exploration.
- The Power of Aimless Walks for Artists Explore the impact of spontaneous walks on artistic inspiration.
- Wandering Mind, Creative Finds Cultivate a wandering mind for a richer artistic practice.
The Kernel of Wander
Wandering has the potential to invigorate and inspire, to help us see our work in fresh or new ways.
Wander : to walk around slowly in a relaxed way or without any clear purpose or direction, to start talking about a different subject from the one you were originally discussing. Source Cambridge Dictionary
- As an experiment, abandon the table or boardroom for a walking meeting and see what happens.
- Wander into a public space – a store, a library, a post office, or even a courthouse. Be open to the creatures, characters, curiosities, and marvels you may encounter just beyond the next threshold.
- Go for a walk outside and photograph or list the natural phenomenon you come across. Become inspired by that dandelion stubbornly making space to thrive in the sidewalk crack.
Sign Up for the Create Art Podcast Newsletter
Reach Out To The Podcast
To reach out to me, email email@example.com I would love to hear about your journey and what you are working on. If you would like to be on the show or have me discuss a topic that is giving you trouble write in and let’s start that conversation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube Channel: Create Art Podcast YT Channel
- IG: @createartpodcast
- Twitter: @createartpod
- If you have found value in this podcast, please share it with a friend as that is the best way to discover new podcasts. I want this to be a 5-star podcast in your eyes so let me know what you would like to see.
- Speaking about sharing with a friend, check out my other podcast Find A Podcast About where I help you outsmart the algorithm and find your next binge-worthy podcast. You can find that podcast at findapodcastabout.xyz.
- I am trying to utilize YouTube more, so make sure to check out my YouTube Channel to see me doing the episodes right in front of you.