What Does Empathy Mean To You?
Empathy is not the newest X-Man or super mutant power. Empathy is essential to be able to reproduce what you see or experience for your audience in order for them to comprehend what you are creating. Also, you need this skill in order to work more effectively with others when working on projects. When you can convert the feelings that you have to an audience or with your project partners, you have mastered empathy. Today I will talk with my good friend Heather Moon about how she uses empathy not only in her art but in her holistic practice of massage. This is a rebroadcast of my old show and I wanted to make sure you were able to hear this conversation.
Definitions and Quotes on Empathy
- Merriam-Webster: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
- Harper Lee: You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.
- Ernest Hemingway: When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen
- Aristotle: To perceive is to suffer
To reach out to me, email email@example.com I would love to hear about your journey and what you are working on. If you would like to be on the show or have me discuss a topic that is giving you trouble write in and let’s start that conversation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube Channel: Create Art Podcast YT Channel
- IG: @createartpodcast
- Twitter: @createartpod