Embodying Your Work
What does it mean to truly embody your work, I mean you made it, didn’t you? When you truly enter the world of your creations, it can be a truly immersive experience. My wife gave me a box of cards for the holidays in 2022. I was puzzled because they were creativity cards and I thought, what the heck is this, I don’t need them. Well, folks, I was wrong and I will attempt to do a card a week and record an episode about how I am utilizing the card I draw every week if you decide to pick up a deck and do these let me know.
Links on Embodiment
- Brainstorm ways to get out of your head and into your body. How might your body knowledge enrich the project you’re thinking about right now?
- Maurice Merleau-Panty asserted that our bodies are the principal means through which we develop our understanding of the world. Make something dedicated to the way the human body helps you understand your world.
- Read about embodied cognition, the theory that understanding and reasoning actually arise from within our bodily interactions with the world.
Sign Up for the Create Art Podcast Newsletter
Reach Out To The Podcast
To reach out to me, email email@example.com I would love to hear about your journey and what you are working on. If you would like to be on the show or have me discuss a topic that is giving you trouble write in and let’s start that conversation.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube Channel: Create Art Podcast YT Channel
- IG: @createartpodcast
- Twitter: @createartpod
If you have found value in this podcast, please share it with a friend as that is the best way to discover new podcasts. I want this to be a 5-star podcast in your eyes so let me know what you would like to see. Speaking about sharing with a friend, check out my other podcast Find A Podcast About where I help you outsmart the algorithm and find your next binge-worthy podcast. You can find that podcast at findapodcastabout.xyz.